[Interest] Indie Mobil Program terminated?

Gian Maxera gmaxera at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 10:55:51 CEST 2015

I completely agree with Nuno Santos … and I’m very happy that I got an indie license when it got a chance.
I’m regretting my choice to not take one few months ago :-( :-(
I’m very sad because we are a small team, just three people that during the night we are working on a video game for mobile platform. I convinced them to use Qt to have just one code to maintain, of course we don’t have money to pay such a big pricing now.
That means we are dead before to start ! :-( and we wasted months of developing.

I want to be honest. Because we invested so much time on developing with Qt, we are truly considering to submit the app on the store with LGPL licence even if it’s risky and probably illegal … hope to make enough money to buy a Qt (very expensive) license in the future.
This is what Qt wants ?

I agree with Nuno Santos that the Qt licensing schema is absolutely confusing. You don’t have a very nice and clear pricing table … but also there is nowhere a clear statement of what you get more when you pay. Honestly, do you think that having professional support only justify more than 300$/month ?? Because, I don’t see any other thing respect to LGPL version of Qt.

Please, give the possibility to indie developer to submit mobile app to the stores. We only needs this and nothing else.

Thanks,
Gianluca.