[Interest] Indie Mobil Program terminated?

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Mon Jul 6 18:58:00 CEST 2015

Hello,

The indy license has been re-introduced until August 31st:

http://blog.qt.io/blog/2015/07/06/indie-mobile-available-until-aug-31st/

But it's still not good IMHO. Let me paste my pending-moderation comment
here:

-8<---

I can’t believe this. The new licensing has been managed in the poorest way
I have ever seen.

First, Indy and Professional (i. e. affordable for indies and small shops)
licenses are gone.

Now, Indy is re-introduced, but with a sell-by date (August 31st). And no
reasonable alternative after that.

Does Digia realize the *only* sales you’ll get are from developers who were
already quite advanced in development and cannot afford to re-develop their
apps with a new toolkit?

In light of the lack of alternative for the future, I would not buy a
license for developing a new app. I would rather look elsewhere.

What if I need more licenses in the future? What if I need to use the Qt
Purchasing APIs or the QML Compiler? No choice but the USD 350/month
license.

Also, what about the Professional license? Why is that one not
re-introduced?
-8<---

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 6:46 PM, md at rpzdesign.com <md at rpzdesign.com> wrote:

> Dear Qt Interest List:
>
> The optics of this reply are really not good.
>
> Mission Control, we have a problem.....
>
> md
>
> On 7/6/2015 10:16 AM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > On Monday 06 July 2015 07:39:26 md at rpzdesign.com wrote:
> >> Dear Lars & Turunen:
> >
> > Both Lars and Tuukka are on vacation this month.

Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org