[Interest] Indie Mobil Program terminated?

Shantanu Tushar shaan7in at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 08:19:12 CEST 2015

Yep quite a chicken and egg problem - devs won't buy Indie license until Qt
gets the "missing features"*, but by the time that happens, digia won't be
offering the Indie license anymore -_-

* I'm not a mobile dev, so not sure what these are yet. Can somebody list
them out?

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 12:08 AM, Daniel França <daniel.franca at gmail.com>
wrote:

> >> The reason why Indie Mobile product is to be discontinued is simple:
> there has been so few licenses sold that it does not even cover for the
> cost of online sales
>
> Hmmm, maybe because Qt was missing some crucial features on mobile so
> people were waiting those features be available before buy?
>
> On Mon 6 Jul 2015 at 20:23 Turunen Tuukka <tuukka.turunen at theqtcompany.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> The reason why Indie Mobile product is to be discontinued is simple:
>> there has been so few licenses sold that it does not even cover for the
>> cost of online sales, let alone any cost of packaging, testing,
>> distributing etc. We do care about indie developers and the community, but
>> based on the sold Indie Mobile subscriptions it is very clear that there
>> was no demand to this product.
>>
>> As also stated in the blog post of today, we are rather surprised that a
>> product that almost no-one has bought is crucially important to so many.
>> For this reason, we decided to have extension until end of August rather
>> that promise that the product is available indefinitely. It will be
>> interesting to see how many decide to purchase it now that it is again
>> available.
>>
>> We are continuously thinking of ways to improve our offering and
>> naturally hope to find products that provide new business. We are also very
>> happy that we have an active community and customer base. And we are
>> extremely proud that Qt is a great product, used by a huge number of
>> developers worldwide.
>>
>> Yours,
>>
>>                 Tuukka

Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)