[Interest] Screen capture in fullscreen under Windows

Jérôme Godbout jerome at bodycad.com
Wed Jul 8 17:07:39 CEST 2015

Hi,
I'm trying to capture some video for demo and training purpose, but I
cannot get the screen capture for any third party apps to work while my
application is in fullscreen (under Windows 7). We use a QMainWindow with
QQuickView inside it.

I end up with the first frame captured and if like nothing ever get repaint
into the capture (on screen it's ok).

Since I couldn't get it to work, I tried to put the Window
with Qt::FramelessWindowHint to see. Look like it hide the window, I try to
show() and Qt::WindowMaximized.

I always end up with bad positioning and not maximized window of my window
no matter how many or in any order I request them.

I also try to combined the Qt::FramelessWindowHint | Qt::Tool to get it to
work with not much success.

The only way I could get a frameless window take all available space, was
to put it frameless, go full screen and exit fullscreen. It work, the mouse
click work but I loose keyboard focus forever and cannot use the keyboard
anymore inside the application (even alt-tab and ctrl-tab on OS level stop
working!), have to invoke the TaskManager to get out it.

Anybody have a good way to capture an application in full screen?

Side note:
Qt::FramelessWindowHint make the window use primary screen resolution no
matter on which screen it is (I have my 1st as landscape screen and a 2nd
as portrait one, if I do frameless on 2nd screen the render is done with
1st screen resolution, fullscreen work ok under this situation).

Jerome