[Interest] Failed to start Assistant, Designer...

Bob Hood bhood2 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 8 20:55:31 CEST 2015

On 7/8/2015 12:48 PM, Igor Mironchik wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I freshly install Qt 5.5.0 with online installer on Kubuntu 15.04 in the
> release day. But today I needed to launch Assistant, and it crashes...
>
> Here is the output of Assistant:
>
> Konsole output
> igor at gmi:~/Qt/5.5/gcc_64/bin$ ./assistant
> kf5.kiconthemes: "Theme tree: (Breeze)"
> Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x50401) with this library (version
> 0x50500)
> Aborted (core dumped)
>
> I'm new with Linux... How can I fix it?

It kinda looks like Assistant is picking up the version of Qt that is shipped
with the operating system, and not the one it came with.

You might try explicitly pointing at those libraries when you launch Assistant:

      igor at gmi:~/Qt/5.5/gcc_64/bin$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd` ./assistant

and see if that takes care of it.