[Interest] Android - Min SDK / Target SDK / Build SDK

Federico Buti bacarozzo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 02:13:44 CEST 2015

Adding to Jason words.

Clearly a device with an API level lower than the one you specify cannot
install your app (or simply see it in the play store). That's why usually
the minimum sdk is also one of the minimum API available: target as many
devices as possible. Targeting ICS does not narrow the installation base
that much, currently.

Also, you can change these values each time you want by uploading a newer
APK.

Cheers

---
Federico Buti

Min SDK: The minumum version you are willing to target. May be missing some
features.
Target SDK: The SDK with all the APIs you need.
Build SDK: The SDK you are building with.

In general Min SDK==Target SDK unless you have code to invoke newer SDK
features.
Build SDK >= Min SDK. The SDKs are always backwards compatible.

I've never really run into any vsersion issues since, usually, Qt is
interfaceing with the core services.