[Interest] Indie Mobil Program terminated?

John C. Turnbull ozemale at ozemail.com.au
Sat Jul 18 17:17:55 CEST 2015

The thing is, for me at least who is just at the stage of starting with Qt, I am only looking to the future, not the past. So whether my app runs on anything earlier than Win7 for example is irrelevant.

But I feel that very soon, *all* OSs will only allow you to purchase modern apps that utilise all the current features through some kind of App Store. There are several reasons why an OS vendor would do this but of course money is always the greatest motivator.

Therefore, using the Indie License as is (I.e. Only for mobiles) would not allow me to develop desktop apps at all, or at least not to sell them.

While mobile platforms are without doubt the most important platforms for most new app development, I don't want to close the door on desktop apps altogether given, as I said, that there will be always be a large market for certain  types of apps for which the desktop is the only sensible platform.

So, if I am really only interested in or limited to mobile apps and those mobile apps produced by Qt are not on a par with native offerings, why would I use Qt at all?

-jct