[Interest] QPixmap or QImage::scaled() crash on iOS with smoothTransformation

maitai maitai at virtual-winds.org
Sun Jul 19 19:43:37 CEST 2015

Hello,

Using QT 5.5.0, I have a program that does some mass images rescaling
(let's say 60 images to rescale from 256x256 to 1370x1370, sequentially
in the same thread). This is running fine on windows, android, linux and
mac os. It crashes after some pictures in the loop on iOS. It does not
crash if I specify Qt::FastTransformation instead of
Qt::SmoothTransformation (non retina display). The crash occurs on all
iOS devices I tested.

It seems to me that it does not crash if the scaling is less important
(say from 256 to 300), but I need to do more testing to be sure.

Is there something useful to know about smoothTransformation and iOS
before I open a qt bug?

Thanks
Philippe Lelong