[Interest] ARMV7l and Intel i5

Jason Kretzer Jason at gocodigo.com
Tue Jul 21 15:35:34 CEST 2015

I am unclear on this as I have not had to compile for multiple architectures like this.

I have a device that is running Ubuntu 12.04 on ARMV7l.  The machine that I am using for development is running Ubuntu 12.04 32 bit on an Intel i5 64bit processor.

Generally, I have only created a DEB file for machines that are the same architecture and Ubuntu version as the development machine.  As such, I am just looking for a general direction(websites, etc) on how to make sure that I can create a DEB file on the development machine and have it install properly on the ARM device.  On a side note, another twist that I am also dealing with is the backporting of Qt 5.3 to the 12.04 which adds to fun.

Thanks!

-Jason

Jason R. Kretzer

Lead Application Developer
Jason at gocodigo.com<mailto:Jason at gocodigo.com>

"quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur"

[cid:image001.png at 01D0C397.440D6170]