[Interest] Need argumentative help..... giving qobject copy/assignment constructor and put it in qlist/qmap

Gunnar Roth gunnar.roth at gmx.de
Wed Jul 22 23:11:59 CEST 2015

Hello Thiago.

> Of those, C4275, C4514, C4800, C4097, C4786 and C4710 are stupid. I can't see
> anyone who wants to know those warnings.

Most are sure, but sometimes you need this diagnostic and you wonder why you cannot switch it on.

> I'll concede we may have gone too far on C4244 and C4355.

Disabling C4244 /* conversion from 'type1' to 'type2', possible loss of data */
is more than going to far. It is kind of sabotage imho.

And what about C4231?   nonstandard extension used : 'identifier' before template explicit instantiation
And what about  C4530 C++ exception handler used, but unwind semantics are not enabled. Specify /EHsc
ignoring that can have serous consequences as the stack is not unwound, when an exception is thrown.
We made this an error to be always. If you use libraries with exceptions you should enable exceptions your code.

C4706 assignment within conditional expression
is actually a life saver. Disabling that is cruel.

Regards,
Gunnar