[Interest] building Qt 4.8.7 with gcc 5 and link-time optimisation on Linux

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 23:03:25 CEST 2015

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> You'll need to test with upstream Clang 3.7 and 3.8 to verify whether the
> issue is fixed. Apple's "random point in the release cycle plus random set of
> patches" Clang is not a good testbed for reporting compiler failures.

I'd agree with you if it weren't so damn difficult to get Qt to build with
something else but Apple's compilers; xcrun is queried at several levels to know
what command to use.

> I will not take a patch that disables CRC32 due to a compiler bug in an
> unsupported configuration (LTO), especially if it's already fixed in the
> latest version.

But what about the fact that that those intrinsics are still used even when
configure is called with -no-sse4.1 and -no-sse4.2?

R.