[Interest] Mac with Retina Display - Look is "Pixilated" with Qt-5.4.2

Robert Iakobashvili coroberti at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 12:04:52 CEST 2015

Regards,
Robert

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Robert Iakobashvili
<coroberti at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 2:36 PM, Till Oliver Knoll
> <till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Am 22.07.2015 um 08:43 schrieb Robert Iakobashvili <coroberti at gmail.com>:

>>> Dear Hamish,
>>> I'll try it.
>>
>> Besides, you don't necessarily need Retina capable hardware: the "Quartz Debug Extensions" ((?) check optional developer downloads, either in Xcode or, more likely, on Apple's developer homepage) allow you to run your desktop in "Retina mode" to test your application.
>
>> Cheers,
>>   Oliver
>
> Dear Oliver,
> Quarts is very very useful.

It's a QWidget-based application.

After adding to Info.plist

<key>NSHighResolutionCapable</key>
<true/>
<key>NSPrincipalClass</key>
<string>NSApplication</string>

on a good side all texts and fonts are looking great in the created by
Quartz Debug
HDPI Display with double resolution.

However, on a bad site I do not see any improvements in how images are looking.

All images are located in resource file with appropriate @2x for
double resolution
images and they are used for QIcon constructor by passing their rsc locations.

qApp->devicePixelRatio() was checked to be 2.0

The look of images is not changes/improves even if the names of
the 2x images are passed explicitly. They are loaded, but still not looking
differently from 1x.

Am I missing something about Quartz settings or capabilities?

Thanks,
Robert