[Interest] [ Android ] Can Qt Positioning API access and output NEMA GPS Strings?

Blasche Alexander alexander.blasche at theqtcompany.com
Tue Jul 28 10:05:00 CEST 2015

>I want to output NMEA strings that look like this:
>$GPGGA,123519,4807.038,N,01131.000,E,1,08,0.9,545.4,M,46.9,M,,*47
>Maybe QNmeaPositionInfoSource has some way to output the raw source strings that it reads?

Well, the class' purpose is to process an incoming NMEA string. If I just want to output the raw strings then we wouldn't have to wrap the QIODevice providing the NMEA strings. We would directly print the content from the QIODevice ....

If you want to convert the output from a regular QGeoPositionInfoSource to NMEA then you would have to write the conversion code yourself. There is no support for it in Qt. It shouldn't be too difficult though as QNmeaPositionInfoSource provides a template for the reverse already.

--

Alex