[Interest] Mac with Retina Display - Look is "Pixilated" with Qt-5.4.2

Robert Iakobashvili coroberti at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 14:58:34 CEST 2015

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 2:36 PM, Till Oliver Knoll
<till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Am 22.07.2015 um 08:43 schrieb Robert Iakobashvili <coroberti at gmail.com>:
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 9:16 AM, Hamish Moffatt
>> <hamish at risingsoftware.com> wrote:

>>> You need to add two keys to your Info.plist:
>>>
>>> a boolean key NSHighResolutionCapable with value TRUE;
>>> a string key NSPrincipalClass with value NSApplication.
>>>

>>> Hamish
>>
>> Dear Hamish,
>> I'll try it.
>
> Besides, you don't necessarily need Retina capable hardware: the "Quartz Debug Extensions" ((?) check optional developer downloads, either in Xcode or, more likely, on Apple's developer homepage) allow you to run your desktop in "Retina mode" to test your application.
>
> Off course on a non-Retina display everything appears 2 times as big (and you effectively loose "desktop space" by the corresponding factor), but like this it is possible to visually "debug" your @2x resources and easily spot pixmaps with low resolutions etc.

One more way to add HiDPI display emulation on a non-Retina is to use:

1. Add HiDPI via command line in Terminal:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver
DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool YES

2. Logout and login back;
3. In System Preferences -> Displays in Resolution choose radio button
Scaled and there select an HiDPI display.

Quartz provides more debugging and information options, though, not
just a HiDPI display defined.

Thanks to all people

Regards,
Robert