[Interest] QProcess::execute never returning (5.4/5.5 behaviour change)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Jul 28 18:35:34 CEST 2015

On Tuesday 28 July 2015 10:36:11 Alejandro Exojo wrote:
> I probably wasn't clear enough: this is on a Mac, so I should have written
> OSXFUSE instead of FUSE. The library is still based in Linux's, but current
> stable OSXFUSE uses an old libfuse. And some parts might be different. This
> is the use of signal(2) that I've found:
>
> https://github.com/osxfuse/fuse/blob/06018fa9d5cee5ee3e8fb7057e568f5bc8115f5
> b/lib/mount_darwin.c#L589

Oh, yeah, that's totally broken.

My earlier recommendation stands then:

Shoot the library in the head.

(Or, if you're not inclined to, apply the sigprocmask solution from the Linux
code. And, of course, hope that like on Linux sigprocmask works in the
threaded case. POSIX does not guarantee it does)