[Interest] QtPlugins statically linked not loading

Ulf Hermann ulf.hermann at theqtcompany.com
Mon Jun 1 15:28:03 CEST 2015

> When I built Qt statically I had used this line:
>
> configure -prefix /Users/nsantos/Qt/5.4/clang_32_static -platform macx-clang-32 -commercial -release -static -nomake examples -nomake tests -opengl desktop -skip webkit -skip multimedia -D QT_QML_NO_DEBUGGER
>
> I had to use -DQT_QML_NO_DEBUGGER because there was an issue when linking a project using QtQml:
>
> Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
>   "QTcpServerConnection::QTcpServerConnection()", referenced from:
>       QQmlDebugServerThread::run() in libQt5Qml.a(qqmldebugserver.o)
> ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
>
> Do you think there is a relation between these two problems?

This is exactly what I'm talking about. As you seem to specify all the plugins manually anyway, you may want to drop -DQT_QML_NO_DEBUGGER and specify the qmldbg_tcp plugin in the .pro file, as that contains the implementation of QTcpServerConnection. Unless, of course, you don't want to do any QML debugging and profiling. In that case you should stick to -DQT_QML_NO_DEBUGGER.

--
Ulf Hermann, Software Engineer | The Qt Company

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Tuula Haataja Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B

Email: ulf.hermann at theqtcompany.com | Mobile: + 49 151 68964561 | Phone: +49 30 63 92 3255 www.qt.io |Qt Blog: http://blog.qt.digia.com/ | Twitter: @QtbyDigia, @Qtproject | Facebook: www.facebook.com/qt