[Interest] QtPlugins statically linked not loading

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Tue Jun 2 00:31:40 CEST 2015

Hi,

I just want to share with you that I have checked Qt from source:

git clone https://code.qt.io/qt/qt5.git
cd qt5
git checkout 5.5
perl init-repository

and then applied this two patches by cherry picking:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/111866/
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/111870/

Compiled with the same configure line.

It works! It is now able to load the plugins.

Other problems arised, for example, the fact that QtGraphicalEffects are qml based resources and I didn't find a lib to include them.

But yeah! It works!! :)

Nuno

> On 01/06/2015, at 18:28, Nuno Santos <nunosantos at imaginando.pt> wrote:
>
> Tim,
>
> This is precisely the problem i’m experiencing.
>
> Andy Shaw, the assignee, posted a comment in the middle of May 2015:
>
> Andy Shaw added a comment - 06/May/15 4:03 PM - edited
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/111866/ <https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/111866/> submitted
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/111870 <https://codereview.qt-project.org/111870> is also needed
>
> Do you guys think this is the fix to the problem and is only waiting for code review?
>
> Nuno
>
>> On 01 Jun 2015, at 16:46, Tim Blechmann <tim at klingt.org <mailto:tim at klingt.org>> wrote:
>>
>>> 2015-06-01 15:30:48.854 Live[81151:5901261] _DPSDiscardEvents: FlushEventsMatchingListFromQueue returned error (-50)
>>> "/Applications/Ableton Live 9 Standard.app/Contents/MacOS"
>>> "/Users/nsantos/Qt/5.4/clang_32_static/plugins"
>>> QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component
>>> qrc:/main.qml:1 module "QtQuick" is not installed
>>> qrc:/main.qml:2 module "QtQuick.Window" is not installed
>>> qrc:/main.qml:4 module "QtQuick.Window" is not installed