[Interest] Qml .rcc by module?

Jérôme Godbout jerome at bodycad.com
Tue Jun 2 21:44:40 CEST 2015

Hi,
It may seem odd, but I'm looking to have some resources bundle that could
be generated for some qml modules and only used when the module is used or
import.

Here's what I'm looking to do:

   - App.exe --performAction1
   - ModuleA 1.0 (qmldir, some .qml)
         - ModuleA.rcc (images, font, video, txt, .html, etc related)
      - ModuleB 1.0
         - ModuleB.rcc
      - App.exe --performAction2
      - ModuleC 1.0
         - ModuleC.rcc
      - ModuleA 1.0
         - ModuleA.rcc

I'm wondering if there's a hook that could be used to call
QResource::registerResource() when the module is load or a qmldir syntaxe
that could point the resource file to incorporated (feature request if that
make sense).

qmldir file:
module ModuleA
itemA 1.0 itemA.qml
resource ModuleA.rcc "maproot"

We have a single application that load very different script upon
launching, using a bunch of different modules, we would like to avoid to
load resource and require them to perform a strip down version for a
particular task.

Releasing

   - App.exe
   - PerformAction1.bat (calling App.exe --performAction1)
   - ModuleA (qml, .rcc)
   - ModuleB (qml, .rcc)

Let's say performAction1 launch a script into ModuleA, which require
ModuleB (depends on inside qmldir could make us known all modules that must
be deployed or create a import walker into module to auto detect all
imported modules that must be deployed along). But the only show stopper,
is how to load the proper .rcc when module is used.

Is loading all resource (.rcc) available to application the only option?
Maybe put resource inside application folder and load them all, upon
installing other features, it add more resources to that folder. But that
mean an application would load them all upon launch.

Anybody try something like this?

Thanks,
Jerome