[Interest] Showing QGuiApplication/QML application on a given HWND ref.

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Wed Jun 3 08:56:07 CEST 2015

Hi,

When we start a new QGuiApplication, it handles the Window creation on each platform.

Now imagine that someone would give us a window ref and we wanted to put our Qt application running on it.

Is this possible?

I’m building a plugin for an host program that provides the window for the plugin to be shown, but Qt already opens an window.

Apparently it is not possible to control if that window is provide or not. It seems to be always provided.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Nuno