[Interest] Showing QGuiApplication/QML application on a given HWND ref.

Hamish Moffatt hamish at risingsoftware.com
Thu Jun 4 10:34:38 CEST 2015

On 04/06/15 17:44, Nuno Santos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Unfortunately this technic doesn’t seem to be working on Mac. Not sure
> if this is a BUG.
>
> It is able to create the QQuickView, but as soon as it instantiates
> QQuickView, it crashes:
>
> if (!window)
> {
> window = QWindow::fromWinId((WId)ptr); // line that causes the crash

> 2015-06-04 08:38:37.892 Live[88624:8396551] -[NSHIObject
> setPostsFrameChangedNotifications:]: unrecognized selector sent to
> instance 0x1b333860
>
> Does this say something to anyone?

"unrecognized selector" means a method was called that doesn't exist. Or
more likely, the object you passed to fromWinId was not the type that
the Cocoa platform plugin expected.

The platform plugin is expecting an NSView*, and maybe what you have is
an NSWindow*. (I don't know much about Cocoa.) Or maybe it's not a Cocoa
window at all?

Hamish