[Interest] How to run a WinRT app on a Window 8 intel tablet?

Oliver Wolff oliver.wolff at theqtcompany.com
Thu Jun 4 13:37:11 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am afraid that deployment to a device from Creator only works for
Windows Phone but not for Windows Tablets. For Tablets you have to
package/deploy everything manually using windeployqt for example. The
other option (that I would tend to avoid) would be building on your
tablet (if it has an x86 CPU).
Another option would be to use Visual Studio. There it should be
possible to select your tablet and deploy the application you created
(for example by calling qmake -tp vc CONFIG+=windeployqt).
Some more information can be found on
http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/winrt-support.html#package-content but the content
here is partially outdated and being updated at the moment. The D3D
shader service for example is no longer needed.

BR,
Olli