[Interest] QML WebEngine causes segfault when started through steam

Mathias Baumann qt at supradigital.org
Fri Jun 5 14:59:18 CEST 2015

Hello,

I am using the QML WebEngine in my application. It seems to work okay
when I run it normally.

In my VM it just shows a black window, so far so good, probably just a
bug related to the VM, I don't worry too much about that.

My System and the VM are both Windows 7, 64bit (however a 32 bit
application)

However, when my application was started through steam instead of
directly, it immediately crashed inside the Qt5WebEngineCore.dll module.
But only in the VM and for other PCs than my dev. PC.

If I start the same binary directly it works in my VM at least.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

    --Marenz