[Interest] Android Rotation Bug

mark diener rpzrpzrpz at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 03:34:33 CEST 2015

Hello:

Came across an kind of nasty bug on Android.

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-46513

I have posted SEXY video links of the bug on 2 android flagship devices
and the simple sample code to generate it.

Screen.height is getting slightly artificially increased (20 px) on device
rotation
and thus any anchors.bottom : parent.bottom means the anchored QML
items are rendered clipped at the lower edge of the screen.

Now I am thinking as a workaround to use anchors from the TOP of the screen
or maybe grab screen values and force a different interpretation of screen
height
upon rotation.

Only screws up on SOME android devices, it just happen that the only fully
working device in my
inventory is a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 4.2

But Nexus 7 2012 4.4.4, Nexus 7 2012 5.0, Galaxy S2 4.1.2 all suffered the
False android bottom bug.

Suggestions welcome?

QML works great on IOS simulator and OSX desktop.