[Interest] How to run a WinRT app on a Window 8 intel tablet?

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Mon Jun 8 15:43:26 CEST 2015

When building Qt from source for desktop, I was using a Qt vars
recommended on Qt documentation. With the following setup:

REM Set up \Microsoft Visual Studio 2013, where <arch> is \c amd64, \c
x86, etc.
CALL "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
12.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat" x86
SET _ROOT=C:\Qt\5.4\Src
SET PATH=%_ROOT%\qtbase\bin;%_ROOT%\gnuwin32\bin;C:\Python27;%PATH%
REM Uncomment the below line when using a git checkout of the source
repository
REM SET PATH=%_ROOT%\qtrepotools\bin;%PATH%
SET QMAKESPEC=win32-msvc2013
SET _ROOT=

But if I use this to try building for WinRT, it says to me that there is
not suitable compiler.

So what I did was to execute cmd.exe and then call vcvarsall.bat inside
Visual Studio 12.0\VC directory with x86 argument.

Then I went to Qt source directory and called:

configure -prefix c:\qt\5.4\winrt_x86 -xplatform winrt-x86-msvc2013
-debug-and-release -nomake examples -nomake tests -skip webkit -skip
multimedia

I have tried again and it's giving me errors on the same place:

kernel\qhostaddress.cpp(786) : error C2065: 'INADDR_BROADCAST' :
undeclared identifier
kernel\qhostaddress.cpp(789) : error C2065: 'INADDR_LOOPBACK' :
undeclared identifier

Regards,

Nuno