[Interest] Qt 5.4.1 crashes on iOS 5.1

Robert Iakobashvili coroberti at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 06:20:30 CEST 2015

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 6:49 AM, Stephane Clavel <stephane at virtualdj.com> wrote:
> By default, Qt on iOS creates projects with 5.1.1 compatibility (which is
> the minimum version required to be compatible with iPad 1).
>
> However, the current Qt 5.4.1 crashes on iOS 5.1, with a
> "[QIOSViewController shouldAutorotate]: unrecognized selector sent to
> instance" error.
> (reproduced with unmodified examples from the QtCreator example list)
>
> As such, applications can get rejected from AppStore.
>
> So you should either:
> 1 - change QtCreator to generate XCode projects with compatibility set to
> iOS6
> or
> 2 - fix the crash so that Qt applications can run on iOS 5.1
>
> (obviously, solution 2 would be better, since it would allow people to
> create applications that run on iPad 1)
>

> Thank you,
> __
> Stephane

The Qt port in 5.1 is very initial - don't even try to work with it.

Instead, take the latest 5.4.2

Whatever the declared support in the docs is,
the real support is starting from iOS-8
since Qt-team as per my knowledge seen in bug reports
has only iOS-8 in their labs and not even iOS-7.

Many iPads, though, have iOS-7. Qt still works with iOS-7 at least
with widgets, but test thoroughly.

You will miss iPad-1 with Qt-5.4.2, but this is a really small market.

Note, that iPad-2, two difference HW-editions, has only 512 MB of RAM,
and it is a good case to test the memory efficiency of your app.

Regards,
Robert