[Interest] QPdfWriter - ability to embed XML?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Wed Jun 10 16:52:17 CEST 2015

I'm wanting to embed content data in XML so that it is query-able by external programs. As far as I can tell the QPdFWriter implementation we have is primarily for rasterization. Is there a way in Qt to include non-visible XML? Would it be a lot of work to add it if it does not exist? Unforunately, I'm more familiar with HP/GL and PCL than PDFs.

And I'll even open this up to outside of QML. Has anyone on this list ever tried it? I could generate our PDFs with Qt, then patch in via some external program the XML into the PDF. That would be acceptable, but not ideal.

Many thanks in advance.