[Interest] Camera cature ios roated 90 ccw (5.4.1)

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Tue Jun 16 16:29:35 CEST 2015

I have a mobile app on iOS and Android. We're new to iOS. Out android app is flawless (provided we don't use 5.4.2 >:(

When capturing a image, we capture the preview image, we then display this image in an image element. In android with autoOrientation: true it works fine. In iOS the image is rotated 90 CCW.

Has anyone else seen this?
Is there a resolution?  (I did google.)

This reminds me of the bug that 5.4.1 fixed in android (and allegedly all others), but was reverted for 5.4.2.

I'm wondering if it is related to: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29724537/realtime-capture-using-avfoundation-rotated-90%C2%BA-in-avcapturevideopreviewlayer

Help?
Thanks.