[Interest] Extremely sluggish browser performance in Qt 5.5

John C. Turnbull ozemale at ozemail.com.au
Fri Jun 19 01:38:30 CEST 2015

All I am doing is running the WebEngine Tab Browser example from Creator 3.4.0 which comes with the version of Qt that I downloaded which is 5.5.0 MSVC2013 64-bit.  I have selected to build for RELEASE and then I just run it.

The machine is a powerful Dell Precision 7500 Workstation with 2 x Xeons and 64G of RAM and a Quadro FX 5800 GPU.

The browser performance is absolutely woeful to the point of being unusable.