[Interest] [ Android ] Bluetooth Obex Object Push Profile (OPP) implementation?

Blasche Alexander alexander.blasche at theqtcompany.com
Fri Jun 19 10:31:33 CEST 2015

Hi,

>Not supported because Qt does not support it?  Or because Android does not support it?
>How do 3rd party Android apps implement Obex?  Any ideas?  Java source code?

To the best of my knowledge there is no Android API to achieve that. There are some comments about private API's but they are not consistent.

It's been a while since I checked last but most of the new Andoird APIs in the area of Bluetooth are related to Bluetooth Low Energy.
I'd be happy to fix this if you know of an API that exists Android wide (not just on devices from manufacturer X).

It is my understand that existing apps provide their own obex implementation on top of Androids RFCOMM/SPP profile.

>By the way Qt 5.5 Bluetooth SPP profile works great under both OS X and Android.

Great to hear.

--
Alex