[Interest] .rcc files and modules

Jérôme Godbout jerome at bodycad.com
Mon Jun 29 23:48:29 CEST 2015

"It's automatic when you load the plugin." I assume it would if you compile
in the resources with the plugin library altogether into the same binary it
would be that way?

http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/resources.html#compiled-in-resources

We don't use .pro file, we are inside Visual Studio. How do you generate
the qrc_application.cpp or any equivalent outside of .pro file? Any command
line that generate this? we probably could integrate that command inside
MSBuild. That would make the plugin and it's resources altogether. Or use
Keith suggestion to load the .rcc file associated to the plugin when the
plugin register.

I was mostly looking into the *rcc -binary* and load only wanted resources
with *QResource::registerResource()*.

Sorry I was not clear about the release, it wasn't meant to be about
freeing the resource memory but more on the deploy the Qml to have dynamic
part (multiple .rcc files for different application part) to it with the
resources binary. I want to load an .rcc only if needed, cause we have many
modules/plugins and not all of them are used for a particular main script.