[Interest] Unable to build with CONFIG+=debug due to missing libraries

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at theqtcompany.com
Mon Mar 2 11:38:37 CET 2015

If you just want debug symbols, you can do

    qmake -r CONFIG+=force_debug_info

in your program. This will still be a release build in terms of compiler flags, MSVC runtime, .... but you'll get e.g. nice stack frames when segfaulting etc.

(If you want to have also debug symbols for Qt, you need to use -force-debug-info configure argument. This will automatically set force_debug_info when compiling Qt modules.)

Kai