[Interest] Alternative way to make photo viewer application for mobile platform

Ben Lau xbenlau at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 18:38:12 CET 2015

On 2 March 2015 at 19:38, Rutledge Shawn <Shawn.Rutledge at theqtcompany.com>
wrote:

> Did you try the photosurface example?
>
> It’s getting some new features in 5.5, because pinch zooming and flicking
> will both work better on OS X than they have in the past, with a trackpad.
> Of course it’s not a typical gallery app for mobile devices, but it does
> involve using pinching and flicking together.

Hi Rutledge,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the photosurface example on desktop
only (It don't work on iOS). According to the code , it use PinchArea +
MouseArea instead of PinchArea + Flickable. The combination could support
pinching and flicking on mobile. However, it lack of support for physic
simulation and function like returnToBound() that provided by Flickable.

For example , after user has swiped on screen and released the finger, the
object should still keep moving in a short time. The time should depend on
how fast of the swipe gesture.

Will it have any existing component that can help to build similar thing
without Flickable?

I think the returnToBound() function could be made by SpringAnimation but
no idea how to implement the physic simulation.