[Interest] Can't build Qt 5.4.2 properly on virtual systems

Tron Thomas t.thomas at tecplot.com
Tue Mar 3 01:26:35 CET 2015

I am unaware of any differences in how the machines were configured. I have done the builds multiple times and continue to get the same results. The physical Windows machines builds successfully and the virtual machine does not.

This is the command I used to configure to build on the physical machine:
configure -opensource -confirm-license -platform win32-msvc2013 -release -nomake examples -nomake tests -opengl desktop -icu -I E:\3rdPartylibs\icu4c\54.1\build\win64-vs2013\release\include -L E:\3rdPartylibs\icu4c\54.1\build\win64-vs2013\release\lib

This is the configure command I used on the virtual system:
configure -opensource -confirm-license -platform win32-msvc2013 -release -nomake examples -nomake tests -opengl desktop -icu -I D:\3rdpartylibs-360\icu4c\54.1\build\win64-vs2013\release\include -L D:\3rdpartylibs-360\icu4c\54.1\build\win64-vs2013\release\lib

\3rdpartylibs is a checkout from a subversion repository set up on both systems, in different location. The repository is used to supply ICU for building WebKit which builds successfully on both systems.