[Interest] Building on Centos 6.x -- libxcb

Simon Matthews simon at matthews.eu
Tue Mar 3 06:17:05 CET 2015

I sucessfully built Qt 5.3.2 on CentOS 5 and 6, but it now looks like I need
to tweak the builds somewhat.

I need to ensure that WebKit is built as part of my Qt5 build. Is there any
way to tell at the configuration stage if WebKit will be built?

I built using the options "-qt-xcb -opengl", but I saw some problems with the
application built against my build of Qt5:

I built on CentOS 6.6. This platform has libxcb-1.9. However, an application
built against this version of Qt would not run on a machine running CentOS
6.4 -- apparently because it has libxcb-1.8. Is there any way round this
other than building on a CentOS 6.0 machine?

Simon