[Interest] [OSX/iOS] Garbage collection still in place in Qt?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Mar 3 22:55:41 CET 2015

On Tuesday 03 March 2015 18:09:20 Till Oliver Knoll wrote:
> Only new application submissions using "garbage collection" will be rejected
> from that date onwards (that includes updates for existing Mac App Store
> applications).
>
> So Qt could still support OS X 10.6 and 32 bit, if that was the point of
> your statement.
[snip]
> That said, IIRC official OS X 10.6 support was dropped quite some time ago
> by Qt, so that would be a non-issue anyway.

OS X 10.6 is no longer supported. The reason for that is that we dropped the
code paths that conflicted with ARC.

But I haven't heard anything about 32-bit support. I thought that was still
working and used ARC. Unless you meant that the Mac App Store will only accept
submissions of 64-bit applications. If that's what you meant, then it doesn't
affect us: we should continue to support 32-bit for a while.