[Interest] Can't build Qt 5.4.2 properly on virtual systems

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Mar 4 02:06:56 CET 2015

On Tuesday 03 March 2015 23:14:53 Tron Thomas wrote:
> I used:
> git checkout v5.4.1
>
> to switch to version 5.4.1. Git looked like it updated things. I check the
> file qtbase\src\corlib\global\qglobal.h. It still indicated the version was
> 5.4.2.

Note that this needs to be run in each of the repositories. The shortcut for
it is to run in the top-level repository (qt5.git) only, then ask git
submodule to update everything to their respective commits. I believe "git
submodule update" is enough.

> I went ahead and built anyway in case the file was irrelevant for
> the version. I got the same results. The build is missing designer,
> assistant, and uitools (and maybe other things as well). The output that
> remained in the build console did not seem to indicate any errors for why
> the build finished without building everything.

On the other email:
> I found out something interesting. On my Macintosh, where everything builds
> successfully, when I do a git checkout and then run the init-repository
> perl script the sub directory qttools has files and subfolders in it. On
> both the Linux and Windows virtual machine after checking out from git and
> running the init-repository perl, script the qttools directory is empty.
> The Macintosh using Perl 5.18, the Linux machine is using Perl 5.10, and
> the Windows machine is using version 5.20.
>
> What could be causing the perl script to be pulling down an incomplete
> version of the Qt source code?

qttools isn't special in any way. The most likely answer is that the cloning
simply failed due to a network problem and went undetected.

You should check that all the other repositories have files inside.