[Interest] [OSX/iOS] Garbage collection still in place in Qt?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 22:31:29 CET 2015

On Wednesday March 04 2015 13:57:11 Till Oliver Knoll wrote:

> > If we don't use ARC, why did we drop 10.6?
>
> Could C++11 support be a reason? 10.6 doesn't have that (with the default Apple provided compiler).

I cannot speak for 32bit builds, but I think the real issue is with building. 10.7 (and higher?) can apparently build Qt 5.4 just fine in a way that one can use the Digia installer on, say, 10.9 and then copy the resulting installation tree to a 10.6 host. I did that (and also failed to build Qt 5.4.0 on 10.6).

R.