[Interest] BLE: reading a characteristic

Mario Ribeiro mario.ribas at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 17:31:35 CET 2015

Hi all,

I’ve been using the tech preview of QBluetooth that comes with Qt 5.4 with
support for BLE and so far I’ve been able to write to characteristics and
to receive notifications.
However, the thing with readings, and according to documentation, is that
the value is cached and is only updated after service’s details discovery,
a successful write operation or change notification.

I’m discovering all services as the app starts so all of them will be on
state ServiceDiscovered after a while.
But then, how can I update the cached value of characteristics?

I attempted to re-discover the service’s details before trying to read a
characteristic belonging to it but I don’t get an updated value (and my BLE
peripheral – which I’m developing so I have access do debugging utilities –
receives nothing).

Any suggestion?

I wonder if reading a characteristic is only a tech preview's limitation or
if it will be available in Qt5.5.

--
Mário Ribeiro