[Interest] [OSX/iOS] Garbage collection still in place in Qt?

Sorvig Morten Morten.Sorvig at theqtcompany.com
Fri Mar 6 11:57:52 CET 2015

> On 05 Mar 2015, at 15:39, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Does this really only concern UI initialisation and construction, or are there other things that are done in ObjC that could be used by applications that do not use QApplication? (qstandardpaths_mac.mm is ObjC++ and is likely to be called by KF5 applications that don't use QApplication.)

I’d say mainly UI, but like you point out non-UI parts of Qt may also use ObjC++.

A real fix to these issues would be to change the way application startup is handled to allow the Qt platform plugin to fully initialize the native platform before handling control over to application code. But that’s a separate discussion which belongs on the development@ list :)

Morten