[Interest] [OS X] 32bit build on 64bit system?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 20:55:56 CET 2015

On Monday March 09 2015 12:12:38 Adam Light wrote:

Thanks Adam,

> We use the following configure command with a Git checkout of the 5.4
> branch to build 32-bit Qt builds without problems:
> MAKEFLAGS=-j16 ../../qt/configure -confirm-license -debug-and-release
> -opensource -gui -widgets -qpa cocoa -no-qml-debug -nomake examples -nomake
> tests -silent -no-sql-mysql -platform macx-clang-32 -no-c++11 -skip
> declarative -prefix /qtbuild5/install/mac32

The key option is the use of the macx-clang-32 mkspec.

> Note that we do not have any pieces of mac ports installed.

Well, I'm testing a port to install Qt *through* MacPorts ... It did make proper use of the 32bit mkspec above, but apparently something insufficiently documented cancelled the crucial effect of that mkspec (the -arch i386 flags)...

R.