[Interest] [OS X] 32bit build on 64bit system?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 12:04:51 CET 2015

On Monday March 09 2015 17:38:31 René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> I think I *was* right :) but also that the culprit wasn't qmake but something fishy in the MacPorts buildsystem I was using. Invoking the exact configure command and then gmake by hand seemed to work fine (I didn't let it complete of course), which led me to the fishy MacPorts setting. I'll report back if there's an issue after all, but for now I'm hoping it was just a false alarm. Sorry for the noise.

Since I was making noise anyway:

I just finished installing a universal binary version of Qt 5.4.1 (everything except QtWebEngine and the database plugins), and running some initial tests that were conclusive.
So not only is it indeed (still) possible to do a 32bit build on a 64bit system, as others reported, it is also possible to create a build script that does both builds and then merges them into a proper UB result. (With the caveat that I haven't yet straightened out my scripts to build the database plugins.)

R.