[Interest] What is the best way to refresh QML image

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Tue Mar 10 14:52:48 CET 2015

Well, reading the thread it seems that options are:
1. changing the "source" property, which feels like a hack if used directly.
2. setting cache=false and calling sourceChanged(), but it was not clear
from the thread if this works or not.
3. implementing a custom item to replace Image, which feels like an
overkill for this.

I ended up writing a NameStore in C++ which serves the names used for
"source" and can then redirect those as I wish.   It is convenient in
that it act as a central broker, "touching" an image will cause all
linked Image elements to update.

Regards,

Harri