[Interest] QSqlQuery... bindValue does not work for CREATE TABLE .... AS SELECT....

Guido Seifert wargand at gmx.de
Wed Mar 11 11:05:09 CET 2015

The error message is totally worthless (to me at least).

> "ERROR:  syntax error at or near \"(\"\nLINE 1: EXECUTE  (33)\n                 ^\n(42601)"

Does not make any sense since the same syntax works without bound values. It is even the same error when I remove the subquery
and there is no single '(' in my statement. I also tried to remove the TEMP... Thought the session might be closed at a time when
the bound values are interpreted, which might remove a TEMP table, but no difference.

> you can try to debug into the driver and see what happens, e.g. stepping into the QSqlQuery::exec(). this way you could verify that it's
> either the driver or the database.

Yes, I would do that... If this problem would be a show stopper for my project. But as it is, this would be a bit too time consuming for
my current timeline. :-)

> perhaps a postgres user can give more informations, when you provide the QSqlError::text() from the failing statement.

Just did.

Guido