[Interest] Bounties

Shaw Andy andy.shaw at theqtcompany.com
Wed Mar 11 13:39:37 CET 2015

I apologise for this being done out of the thread order but I didn't have the original in my mail client to reply to this.

> Den 11-03-2015 kl. 11:37 skrev Bernhard:
> > Hi!
> >
> > We are a very small startup company (having part time Qt developers only).
> > We are experiencing that non-fatal bugs as well as suggestions pile up
> > infinitely or simply are ignored or don't have caretaker at all. Votes
> > seem to be ignored most time too and personal severity does not matter
> anyway.
> > Unfortunately we cannot afford a lot of time or money to fix found
> > issues by our self (or pay someone to do this). This situation makes
> > Qt development more and more difficult for us.
> >
> > So here are two questions:
> > 1. Is there some kind of bounty system/site/service or something
> > equivalent to it? Especially for issues that affect more than one
> > developer/company this could be a very effective and affordable way to
> > get rid of issues without burden a single developer/company with the
> costs.
> > 2. Are there any special support agreements for small companies /
> > startups / part-time developers / hobbyists that help getting issues
> > fixed without big costs?

[snip]

I don't know if you have an enterprise license or not already, but this is potentially one option for you, what this provides is not just support as it will give elevated attention to both bugs and feature requests. Particularly when it comes to bug reports we will try to solve it right away because it is causing problems for you as an enterprise customer and we will endeavor to fix it outright or at least find a workaround for it. Additionally these will be flagged internally so we know that it has been a problem for a customer and this does mean it will get increased priority internally.

I know you are only using Qt part time but if the bugs you come across are causing problems then I would consider getting enterprise licenses for your team as then not only would you be contributing to the costs of developing Qt generally it will also mean that we can focus on those bugs for you too.

Andy
--
Andy Shaw,
The Qt Company