[Interest] Handling dpi particularities across devices

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Thu Mar 12 14:15:52 CET 2015

In QML I'm using Screen.pixelDensity

So a minimum width of touch area is about Screen.pixelDensity*7, which
will be 7 mm in pixels, and the number comes from some old Nokia
ergonomics study.

Now some low end Android devices report bogus values, suffering from
illusions on grandeur, but it seems to be working fairly well for most
devices, including iOS.

A related issue is that  I haven't yet found a way to make Google Play
"designed for tablets" working with Qt though.  So I don't know how I
make a Qt app so that Google Play considers it  tablet ready.

It requires some heuristics with resources / layouts, screen shots are
not enough.
Any help there is appreciated.

Hope this helps,

Harri