[Interest] Bounties?

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at theqtcompany.com
Fri Mar 13 10:20:58 CET 2015

_serious_ issues that affect only a limited number of people :)

Don't get me wrong: Surely the bugs that get a lot of votes are important, but I claim that this metric is still somewhat bogus.

Just have a look at the most-voted-for open bug reports in Qt and Qt Creator:

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-640
"Improve support for multiple monitors"

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-3897
"Please make QZip as a permanent class inside Qt"

I don't doubt that they're valid & important things to look at, but would you have expected that these are the top issues to be fixed? Surely Qt Creator can be used in a multi-monitor setup right now (I'm doing this). And while it would be nice to have public API to generate zip files in Qt itself, a quick web search shows that there are alternatives.

Regards

Kai