[Interest] QtCreator with very high resolution laptops

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal etienne.sandre at m4x.org
Fri Mar 13 17:44:46 CET 2015

Hi,

I just got a 1920x1080 14" laptop, this fairly high but not huge DPI. I
have set the Windows 7 scaling to 125% which is small but OK.
I migrated my Qt4 app to Qt 5.4.1 (at last...) and use the fusion style.

With the default settings, it seems the app is not DPI aware : everything
is very small. I have tried the various WindowsPlatform = dpiawareness =
0,1,2 in qt.conf, without any effect.

I have tried setting QT_DEVICE_ASPECT_RATIO environment variable to 2. Then
the whole style is scaled, except the font, which stay exactly the same
size : very small.

What can be the problem? All my UI was done with Qt4 designer, and for
instance the toolbox title bars use "MS Shell Dlg 2"font, size 8 (By the
way, I do not know why QtDesigner used this font everywhere)

Thanks for helping!

Regards,

Etienne