[Interest] building QtWebEngine on 32bit OS X or with -spec macx-clang-32, possible?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Mar 13 17:45:08 CET 2015

On Friday 13 March 2015 17:40:10 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> But that just exposes another issue. The gyp generator insists on adding a
> -Dtarget_arch=x64 option, but in the end the ninja.build file is the only
> one that is configured correctly for building 32bit on a 64bit platform.
> Apparently I keep running into an issue where qmake ignores the mkspec file
> for everything inside the Qt 5.4 source tree. Unless it is called through
> (or as a direct consequence) of invoking `configure -platform i386`.

qmake stores the arguments you gave it on the command-line and will always
rerun itself with the same arguments. Those arguments are also passed to
subdirectory .pro files when they are run for the first time.

However, if you have a Makefile already, those arguments will not take effect.

If you change your command-line arguments, make sure to add -r (recursive)
option so that it will regenerate all the Makefiles.