[Interest] Do I need to build Qt from the source to have an app compile in 32 bit?

John Weeks john at wavemetrics.com
Mon Mar 16 20:33:05 CET 2015

> What you do need though is the OS X 10.6 SDK, and I'm not sure if systems more recent than OS X 10.7 can be used to build applications targeting 10.6.

I am building a non-Qt application against the 10.6 SDK on Yosemite using Xcode 6. I got the 10.6 SDK from a previous version of Xcode and "installed" it in the Xcode 6 bundle. It's not supported by Apple, and we're not using a set-up like that for our shipping release, but it seems to work on my machine for debug builds. Don't blame me, though, if it doesn't work for you :)

-John Weeks