[Interest] Kicking out QtScript completely

Christian Dähn daehn at asinteg.de
Tue Mar 17 15:33:52 CET 2015

Hi folks,

as stated inside the Qt Blog the devs just decided to drop any
QtScript support within the next release - without any replacement
for users NOT USING QML / console apps!

This will even break any backend app running without gui,
because starting with Qt 5.6 only scripting by using the QML
module is supported and all support for QtScript will be completely
dropped without any non-GUI replacement!!!!

I already had big pains within the last years when the scripting
APIs changed and there where big problems - which got solved with
the neat an modular QtScript. This is even for me the base of
industrial grade apps running on dozens of servers/clusters
and must be maintained for many years.

So am I the only one who cares about QtScript?
Am I the only one who still doesn't use (and even want) QML?

Regards,
Chris